Buying a Home – Buyers Guide
Welcome!! You are about to embark on the exciting journey of finding your dream home. Buying a Home, Whether it’s your very first home or whether you have purchased a number of homes, a retirement home, or an investment property, we will make your home-buying experience a positive one. We are committed to being accessible to you seven days a week; always return your phone calls as soon as possible, but always that same day; and doing everything in our power to ensure that during the home-buying process you are treated as if you are our only client. We can help you find the ideal home with the least amount of hassle; and we are devoted to using our experience and the full resources of our team to achieve the best result for you.
Purchasing a home is a very important decision and a big undertaking in your life. In fact, most people only choose a few homes in their lifetime. We are going to make sure you are well equipped and armed with the latest up-to-date information for this big decision. We take pride in tailoring our approach to your specific needs and are prepared to not only guide you through every phase of the home-buying process and to be available to you as a resource as long as you reside in your home.
So let’s take an exciting journey together!
We look forward to meeting your real estate needs every step of the way!
As Licensed real estate professional the Ostlund Team provides much more than the service of helping you find your ideal home. As REALTORS, we are expert negotiators with other agents, seasoned financial advisors with clients, and extremely knowledgeable about local neighborhoods. We are members of the National Association of Realtors (NAR) and must abide by a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice enforced by the NAR.
Let The Ostlund Team be your Guide:
- As knowledgeable REALTORS, we can save you endless amounts of time, money and frustration.
- As knowledgeable REALTORS, we know the housing market inside and out and can help you avoid the “wild goose chase”, helping you to narrow you home search to those properties that best fit your expressed requirements.
- As knowledgeable REALTORS, we can help you with any home, even if it is listed elsewhere or if it is being sold directly by the owner (FISBO).
- As knowledgeable REALTORS, we know the best lenders in the area and can help you understand the importance of being pre-qualified for a mortgage. We can also discuss down payments, closing costs and monthly payment options that suit you.
- As knowledgeable REALTORS, are an excellent source for both general and specific information about the community such as schools, churches, shopping and transportation, as well real estate information on home inspections and pricing.
- As knowledgeable REALTORS, we are experienced at presenting your offer to the homeowner and help you through the process of negotiating the best price. We bring objectivity to the buying transaction, and we can point out the advantages and disadvantages of a particular property.
…..And the best thing about using us as your REALTORS is that all of this help normally won’t cost you a cent. Generally, the seller pays the commission to the Realtor.
Will I need to sign something?
When we meet you’ll be asked to sign a disclosure form and agreement before you can be represented. Agents in Virginia are required by law to have a written agreement with their buyers before they can provide any service. This law was passed in July of 2012 and we have information HERE to better explain this legal requirement
Home Buying Guide
If you would like to receive our complete Home Buying Guide, contact us using the “Contact US” tab on the homepage and we will be delighted to send you this valuable resource absolutely free!
Get Listings Delivered Right To Your Inbox!
Let us deliver your Listing Search Criteria right to your Inbox so you can get results like an Agent!
Also be sure to check-out these helpful links to mobile applications to assist in your home search process, as well as helpful websites that provide relevant, accurate information regarding the home-buying process.
General Buyer Resources
- EPA Lead Paint Information “Protect Your Family From Lead In The Home”
- What Does Virginia Require of an Agent?
- Search FEMA Maps for Flood Zones
- EPA Lead Based Paint Disclosure (This is the one required by Federal Law)
- EPA Citizen’s Guide to Radon
- EPA Mold Information and Disclosures for Consumers
- Walkability Score for a given neighborhood
- School Information and Evaluation
- Free Credit Information
- What is a Federal Pacific Electric Panel?
- What is Polybutylene Plumbing?
Mobile Apps for Buyers
- Docusign Ink – allows you to sign our forms on your Mobile App
- iPMT – Mortgage Calculator with lots of options
- Easy Measure – takes measurements through your Smartphone
- iScape Free – Adds virtual landscaping to potential homes
- Sitegeist – Local Demographic and housing Information